Table of Contents
- Adolescent Parent Programs
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Data and Statistics
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- Adolescent Sexual Health Web Resources
- Community Specific Resources
- Curriculum Review
- HIV and STI Data
- Teenwise Minnesota Library
- Teenwise Minnesota Training and Education
- Promoting Science-Based Approaches to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
Teenwise Minnesota advances evidence-based programs and public policies that support adolescent parents and their children. This section includes an on-line directory of adolescent parent programs in Minnesota; data and fact sheets; research; resources; and policy related to young families.
- Directory of Adolescent Parent Programs
- Adolescent Parent eNews
- Data and Fact Sheets
- Resources by Content Area
- Model Programs
- Websites, Books, Videos, Curricula & Educational Handouts
- Training Opportunities
- Teenwise Minnesota Workshop Summaries
Teenwise Minnesota provides you with the most up-to-date research and evidence-based data available in the field of adolescent sexual health. Access to these materials is critical for continued progress in preventing adolescent pregnancy and supporting adolescent parents.
- Current Research
- Data and Fact Sheets
- Minnesota Adolescent Sexual Health Reports
- Minnesota State Plan
Teenwise Minnesota provides information about programs that work to prevent teen pregnancy. This section offers information about various types of science-based programs, promising programs and other educational resources.
- Science-based Programs
- Mother-Adolescent Programs
- Clinic Protocols
- Service Learning and Community Programs with Multiple Components
- Pregnancy Prevention Programs for Adolescent Mothers
- Promising Programs
- Other Educational Resources
This resource list includes current websites that provide factual information on a variety of adolescent sexual health topics.
Teenwise Minnesota offers community and culturally specific data, facts and resources. This section offers community and culturally specific information. Each area covers data, facts, rescources, current research and publications related to teen pregnancy, prevention and parenting within the specified populations.
- African American
- African Born
Somali, Liberian, Nigerian
- American Indian
- Asian-Pacific Islander
Hmong, Lao, Vietnamese
- Click here to learn more about curricula that have been reviewed by the Minnesota Sexuality Education Resource Review Panel (MSERRP).
Individual and organizational Teenwise Minnesota members now have access to the Teenwise Minnesota library, a collection of over 250 titles, books, dvd’s, videos and scholarly journals. Also available for preview are all the materials approved by the Minnesota Sexuality Education Review Panel (MSERRP).
Teenwise Minnesota offers education and training opportunities that provide valuable information, build your capacity to provide effective services and programs, and network with other professionals from around the state.
- Current Training Calendar
- Let’s Talk Month
- Teenwise Minnesota Conference
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- Resources for Parent Educators
Teenwise Minnesota understands that parents are the primary sexuality educators of their children. To support parents in this critical role, Teenwise Minnesota provides professional parent educators with valuable information, training, and resources to encourage family communication and connectedness. This section lists resources for parent educators and describes Teenwise Minnesota's current efforts to engage parents.
Teenwise Minnesota is dedicated to promoting science-based approaches to prevent teen pregnancy, STI, and/or HIV. Click here to read more about Teenwise Minnesota's CDC project to increase the capacity of local youth-serving organizations to use evidence-based approaches in their work.